INTERNSHIP WITH SOCIALWALK AS SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
Since its inception in 2009, Socialwalk offers revolutionary solution for business matching in over 6 countries within Asia. Our software has been used for over 200+ events, facilitated over 25,000 trade matches that are worth MYR1.4 billion of business. We partner with global players such as Messe Dusseldorf, Messe Frankfurt, IIR Exhibitions and many others.
We are offering an exceptional opportunity to bring on board some cool folks. In this program, you will:
- Gain first-hand working experience with a fast-paced and thriving startup environment.
- Learn what you do not usually find in a formal education system.
- Be exposed to more than 24 industries, i.e. Building and Construction, Clean Energy, Water Technology, Medical etc., and facilitate international trade!
You will be able to learn what it is like to work in a fast paced growing startup. We hire exceptional people and invest in their growth. You will have the opportunity to work with highly intelligent and motivated people where you can challenge yourself, release your inner potentials and grow. At Socialwalk, we emphasize on having a work-life balance. Not only do we teach you what your normal textbooks don’t, we also engage you in our motnhly sports activities. Besides that, we practice an open management style working policy which encourages participation skills at all levels. Your ideas mean a lot to us and we see potential in you. Your education is just a small part of what we use to assess you, your life story, personal accomplishments, personality, skills and goals are what we are really looking for. Don’t see something that fits your skills? Don’t let that hold you back. We recruit smart people all year round and train them to develop their talents!
What are we looking for?
Your education background is not important. Your life story, personal accomplishment, personality, skills and learning objectives are what we are interested in. We recruit bright and fun people all year round, help them to realize their true potentials through our unique talent program. We are looking for high-energy, driven people who are aligned and committed to our mission! Talk to us to find out how we can support your personal and career growth!
As Our Developer we are expect you to:
- Willing to learn new technology,
- Have good understanding in programming language such as C++ or Java
- Familiar with HTML, CSS, MySQL
- Knowledge in Ruby on Rails will be an added advantage
- Utilize your L33t coding skills to improve the Socialwalk platform
- Resourcefulness – often times you will encounter a problem that we do not have the answer for, and we don’t really have a thick rulebook to follow. We expect you to exercise good judgment. This happens very often.
- Teamwork – we are successful today because we work very closely together as a team. There will be many moments you will be asked to pull the weight of another – you can also expect the same from your team mates
- Working smart – we are a team of 10 doing the work of 20. It helps if you are the organized sort and knows how to prioritize your tasks and get things done without burning out.
- A bit of a techie – we’re very systems driven and a lot of our work is on-going improvement of the Socialwalk online platform. A lot of our work processes also involve online collaboration tools, like teambox, google docs, skype, etc.
- RM800 for final year students who are ready to work immediately after internship
- Working hours from 10am – 6pm
- Monthly Sport Day : Futsal/Badminton/Volleyball/Basketball
- Teh tarik, Coffee, Milo and Chips will accompany your day
We are a fast growing tech startup based in Cyberjaya, Malaysia (also an office in Queens St, Singapore). We have been operating for the last 3 years and have doubled up in growth every year since 2009.
Today there is hardly anyone in the exhibitions industry in Malaysia and Singapore who does not know ourservices and our name.
We have recently secured our series A round of investment and are aggressively expanding into China and India.